Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Well, it's about time!

That's it, I can't take it any more. For years I have been keeping it bottled up but today I decided that the world deserves better, so here it is. Problemsolveher is a blog dedicated to the fashion misstep of the woman lawyer. Although not dedicated solely to women or lawyers (men will certainly be addressed, as will other professions and some related "substantive" content), I suspect that a great majority of what I have to say will relate to women lawyers because it is what I live, breath and know. Call it shallow, stupid, catty or whatever you please -- I don't care. I call it a much needed community service.

As the change of season sets in and summer fast approaches, let's make it easy to get the ball rolling. Here are a few good openers: why is common sense so uncommon when it comes to many women and their clothing? How many rolls of fat have to be prominently displayed or zippers have to be bleeding at the seam before a gal conceeds that her pants don't fit any more? Is it appropriate to burn every piece of a friend/co-worker's schoolmarm clothing so long as you replace their entire wardrobe?

No comments: